On May 11, the Long Beach Board of Water Commissioners declared a Stage 2 Water Supply Shortage that puts into effect a two-day per week landscape watering schedule year-round. Some of the restrictions that apply are listed below, and to find out more please visit Long Beach Water Department’s website.
- Residents and businesses can only irrigate landscape on Tuesdays and Saturdays.
- Residents and businesses can only irrigate landscape 10 minutes per station per watering day, or 20 minutes if using water-efficient rotating nozzles.
- Residents and businesses can only irrigate landscape before 9 a.m. or after 4 p.m.
- Residents cannot fill swimming pools and spas with potable water.
- Residents and businesses cannot irrigate the landscape beyond saturation, causing significant runoff.
- Residents and businesses cannot hose down hardscape with a hose, unless using a pressurized cleaning device.
- Residents cannot wash a vehicle with a hose unless it has a water shut-off nozzle or device attached to the hose.
Again, thank you for your patience and dedication to conserving water as we work to ensure we are using water wisely in Long Beach!